Saturday, November 04, 2006

Acorns - horrible horrible acorns

The oak tree out back has blessed us this year with literally thousands of acorns.

Today i raked almost all of the acorns out into the street. It was a gignatic pain in the neck.

I also got 5 blisters from it.

I was thinking of making an acorn pie for thanksgiving, but have been unable to come up with a recipe for it. i did, however, find a bunch of recipes for other acorn stuff. Like acorn bread, acorn stew, and acron griddle cakes. The more i think about it, the more i think it is a crappy idea.

when i oribinally went to google to search for recipes for acorn pie, it came back with a ton of sites. However all of the recipes for "acorn pie" were actually for pecan pies. ??? that don't make no sense. I have never heard of a pecan pie called an acorn pie.

My sister makes the best pecan pies. I was never a big fan of pecans, other than when my mom would make Pecan Puffs at Christmastime, but two or three years ago, Reen brought a couple of pecan pies for thanksgiving and they were delicious.

Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday and here is why: It has all of the best parts of Christmas - the family togetherness and the gigantic meal - without all of the expense of buying gifts. There is no pressure with Thanksgiving - I don't have to worry about someone not liking what I got them. All i have to do is show up with a Pumpkin Pie, hang out with my family, listen to dad and snook talk about their folks, listen to Christo and Maureen make fun of me, and eat a ton of food. Then i get to sleep on the couch and watch football. What on earth could possibly be better??? oh yeah... and I have off from work the next day.

peace.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the mad props, bro. You know how to make a girl feel special.