Thursday, March 08, 2007

Police Part 2

Chris and I did get tickets to see the Police.

The concert is on July 20, so I have 4 months to learn the words to their songs so I can sing along and won't get bored... and so I don't look like a poseur only singing along to the songs off of Synchronicity.

I borrowed The Police's box set, Message in a Box, from Chris which has all of their songs. I put them all on my MP3 player and will rock that exclusively for the next couple of weeks/months.

I wanted to add a few things to the lists from my previous post, stuff that i forgot or didn't mention at the time:

"Bands I am not crazy about that I would like to see in concert" I need to add to that list:
Metallica

"Musicians/Bands I am glad I saw even though I am not crazy about them" I need to add to that list:
Ani DiFranco

And something intersting about all the great live music events i have seen at Hershey Park Stadium: Every concert I have ever been to there has been with family members. I have never seen a concert there with a friend. AND, the only concert I have been to with my dad was at Hershey Park Stadium... That was the Bob Dylan concert where it rained the whole show and Bob skipped a verse in Tangled Up In Blue. BUT he did sing Hard Rain Gonna Fall which was pretty neat.

Concerts I have seen with Mom:
Bob Dylan in Hershey
Rolling Stones in Philly
Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band in New Jersey
Rolling Stones in Hershey

Concerts I have seen with Chris:
Dread Zeppelin in Philly
Red Hot Chili Peppers/Foo Fighters in Hershey

Concerts I have seen with Maureen:
Stone Temple Pilots/Flaming Lips/Butthole Surfers in Philly
Bruce Springsteen and the Seeger Sessions Band in New Jersey

Concerts I have seen with Amy
4 Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band concerts (E. Rutherford N.J., Boston, E. Rutherford again, Philly)
Bruce Springsteen and the Seeger Sessions Band in Camden N.J.
Red Hot Chili Peppers/Fishbone in Montreal
2 Joan Baez concerts in Burlington
2 Ani DiFranco concerts in Burlington
Bob Dylan in Lake Placid
Sun Volt in Burlington
Tenacious D in Burlington
James McMurtry in Burlington
The Zambonis in Burlington
Shawn Colvin in Burlington
Karan Casey in Burlington

Concert I have seen with Dad:
Bob Dylan in Hershey

Concert I saw with Mark:
Bruce Springsteen and the Seeger Sessions Band in Camden N.J.

Concert I saw with Seamus:
Bruce Springsteen and the Seeger Sessions Band in Camden N.J.

There is a fairly concise list of the concerts I have been to with family members.

There will be a test on this at a later date.

Peace,
MPH

4 comments:

Moosler said...

Hello? Rolling Stone in Philly y'all!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, what he said!!! You obviously don't remember we were at The Rolling Stones concert at the Vet..also known as your wedding present to us!!! OR our double-date with you & your Mommy!

Anonymous said...

what am I tinsel?
Bruce Springsteen & the E Street Band in NJ.
Did you think that your family does not read your blog?!?
I still love you! xo W

ChrisMooreMusic said...

I have to admit, as a BIG fan of recent Bruce Springsteen songs, I haven't piked up the Seeger Sessions yet. I really do like cover songs in moderation, but I wasn't sure that I could go a whole album without a Springsteen original. Maybe I'll give it a shot...