Monday, February 19, 2007

President's Day Weekend

So far we are having a great president's day weekend.

On Saturday we went to Bombergers and got a new battery for the Subaru. The old battery just was not cold-cranking like all the advertisements on TV say it should be. I took it out and threw it in the creek. Let nature take care of it, I say.



Then we went sledding at the park. Nona LOVED it.



click here to see a video of nona on her sled.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLjUFpJDitU

Amy & Nona took naps and we went up to Reading to see Maureen and Andrew before they left for Massachusetts.


Sunday was another beautiful day. We mostly hung out at home. We did go to Target and then to Lancaster Breweing Company for lunch. You may remember from previous posts on this blog that I once asked for the beer sampler and got like 12 5-oz glasses of beer. I'm not as dumb as I was on Saturday July 14, 2005. I got one pint of Litening Lager and I enjoyed it a great deal.

We got home and Nona and Amy took a loooong nap as I worked on some projects. After they woke up, Nona and I watched the Daytona 500. She really seemed to like it.


I went to bed around 10:00 and slept great knowing that I did not have to be at work the next day. That felt great.


Here is a comic I 'wrote.' Maureen and Erin say I shouldn't be allowed to say that I 'wrote' a comic if all I did was draw some pictures with other people saying funny things. Perhaps I will say this: here is a poorly drawn representation of Me and Amy chronicling something funny that Amy said.



Peace
(Jesus Peace, Not Hippie Peace)
MPH



2 comments:

GreggWalrus said...

hey mike,
how goes it? nice video of your kid, shes a cutie pie. i like the comics about aim's jokes, too.
youve got bruce on the brain, what with all those references. Amanda Petrusich at Pitchfork media says (about bruce's seeger sessions): "On The Seeger Sessions, Springsteen growls, warbles, groans, and gags, sounding often like Tom Waits (check the scratchy, ominous vocals on "Erie Canal") or later Bob Dylan" (April 24, 2006) which fits for me as i was listening to devils and dust and seeger sessions while jogging and kept thinking of dylan album covers.
im reading bob's "chronicles one" right now, which reminds me of 'on the road' or other beat generation writings. anyway, 'blah blah blah' as madison says.
take care, love gregg walrus symons

Anonymous said...

I never get tired of looking at these photos. I just love her expression in the first one. What a brave girl to go sledding all by herself.