Tuesday, July 10, 2007

i can't sleep

Sometimes I wake up at 2 in the morning and I just can not get back to sleep. Right now is one of those times. I try to make good use of the time - working on non-essential projects like my proposed weekly calendar of my favorite comics, cleaning up my email folders, going to websites I visit only periodically (http://www.rachealdavis.com/) catching up on stupid videos on youtube (Len's Steal My Sunshine, Iverson "We talking 'bout practice" rant, freezing a bottle of corona) and filling out rebate forms for Verizon wireless and Ace hardware stores and updating the Buck Hollow Hunting Club blog with pictures and videos from our trip there this past weekend.
Usually my amnesiatic sojourns on the internet are just a way to pass the time and rarely mete out any kind of real enjoyment or produce anything of any real use to me. But today was different.
AS YOU MAY or may not know, I once sat in the front row at a Springsteen concert. YouTube has a video clip of Bruce singing "Candy's Room" from that concert. If you look really really close you can't really see me at all.
So my time spent on line today was not a total waste.
Peace
mph

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG Mike,
Look closer! At first I could tell your fist pumping and then when the person zooms in at "baby if you want to be wild" (in front of Clarence) you lean over to say something in my left ear. Your hat is on backwards! I can't remember what you said, but it was probably "Amy, do you know how lucky you are?"
Love you

Anonymous said...

No, he probably said something like "Bruce hasn't played this in concert since August 27, 1988. It was the fourth song of the set during the second of three shows in Houston, Texas".

:)